h Robyn and Ben in Hong Kong: Hot(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Robyn
And Ben
In Hong Kong

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg

Monday, April 30, 2007

Hot

The other night I went to a party on the mainland (well Kowloon at least). I was in the taxi on the way home at 2AM and I got quite a shock. Hong Kong Island, the place where we live with its amazing skyline and neon lights was almost totally blacked out. In some cases it was impossible to tell the difference between the skyscrapers and the mountains behind them. The girl I was sharing a taxi with explained that Hong Kong is on an electricity saving drive, which is why they are doing it, but it was really very weird not to see the city all lit up. It was kind of spooky, like how I would expect the city to look if everyone moved out.

The weather is starting to get warmer and increasingly more unpredictable. I walked to work today and within minutes was starting to feel like I was in a sauna. Even worse is that locals do not seem to feel the heat quite as much as I do, a guy was jogging in the opposite direction to my brisk walk and he was not even breaking a sweat! I have invested in a hand held electric fan to compensate for this, all I need now is to stop people laughing at me when I start using it. I'm told it makes me look like a bit of a dick.

bx

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you let me know whos calling you a dick and i will smack them x

8:00 PM  
Blogger robynandben said...

I don't think you can make that judgement until you've SEEN the fan... :) R xx

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok you could have a point rob x

1:03 PM  
Blogger robynandben said...

Oi, the fan is perfectly fine. It is just that I have got to the age where the function of the item is far more important than how I look. Like train spotters and anoraks.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

true....

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg