h Robyn and Ben in Hong Kong: Friday!(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Robyn
And Ben
In Hong Kong

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg

Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday!

It's Friday today and so I thought I would let everyone know in cold old England what myself and Rob are up to in this tropical lovely sunny weather we are having today. It's 7.45am and Rob is just off to school. I will be there later because I am helping organize an English "Who Wants To Be a millionaire" quiz event at lunchtime there, but first I have to go to the office. This weekend is the Autumn Festival in Honkers, this is primarily a family event inovling the giving of a horrible tasting food called 'Moon Cakes', but in Victoria Park they light hundreds of lanterns and have a little party which we will check out tonight. If you want to know a bit of history about the festival (click here).

Tomorrow is due to be quite a nice sunny day so we are hoping to go to the beach! There are tons of amazing beaches around the outskirts of Hong Kong, we just need to go exploring and find them. In the past week me and Robyn have been given a ton of extra work, Robyn is in charge of writing some information on the new company website to attract prospective schools. I have a "co teaching workshop" next week which involves me going to a school and teaching 15 local English teachers from Hong Kong how they can work in a co-teaching situation with the native English folk. In two weeks time me and Robyn are taking part in a recruitment event where we teach a class of 20 kids. This would be fine except the recruitment part involves about 20prospective school headmasters and mistresses monitoring our every move. Lovely.

Right, I need to get ready for work, i'm planning on taking pictures of the markets not more than 100 meters from our front door for you all to see later in the weekend. So lots of things to look forward to. I found some more pictures from the junk boat trip that a friend took. One is me diving off the boat (i really hurt my head) and the other is a group shot which you can play "spot Robyn" with.


5 Comments:

Blogger MattMoo said...

I see Robyn! Top Left! :oD

(OK, maybe I have too much time on my hands!) xx

3:30 PM  
Blogger robynandben said...

heh, well you are a lazy student so of course you have time on your hands. All you do is steal road signs and get drunk...
bx

3:56 PM  
Blogger MattMoo said...

*Halo Appears* I've never stole a road sign... just a traffic cone, and it's still in our hallway! And I've not been properly drunk for nearly two weeks... Are you impressed? xx

10:49 PM  
Blogger robynandben said...

Ahh matt, you have only been truely drunk once in your life, and that was from the age of around 14 to now. :)

8:41 AM  
Blogger MattMoo said...

True, so true... :oD xx

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg