h Robyn and Ben in Hong Kong: Umbrella(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Robyn
And Ben
In Hong Kong

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Umbrella

It is raining in Hong Kong. Rain here does not tend to come in mild drips, it either buckets it down or it does not.

I decided that because of the rain I would purchase an umbrella from our local corner shop. Then it dawned on me that never in my life have I ever purchased or owned an umbrella! I have been in Hong Kong for the monsoon season, I was at uni in Bristol for 3 years (a pretty wet city) and Bournemouth and Woking for quite some time before that... and never have I owned or purchased an umbrella.

Is it me or is that pretty odd? I guess I just always got wet.

bx

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Small world time Ben! What were you doing in Wellerville? That's where I grew up and my mum and uncles Aunts etc are still there.

As for wet try Devon 'tiz green for a reason! Being tall you should have the same aversion to umbrellas as me - everybody else's are at eye level!
Cheers
Dave

6:58 PM  
Blogger robynandben said...

Wearing specs helps protect the old eyes from the umbrellas. I got wacked full in the face by one yesterday!

7:20 PM  
Blogger robynandben said...

Ahhh but in Hong Kong everyone's umbrellas are at MY eye level and tall people should expect umbrella poking in about the nipple region...which isn't quite as bed R x

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the Woking connection?

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a bit of useless information, Cherburg which is twinned with Poole is know for being the main umbrella manufacturing area of France. The Mayor gets given a new one everytime we go there. Good blogs,as usual, x x x

6:05 AM  
Blogger robynandben said...

God that is useless information !!!!
bx

7:22 AM  
Blogger robynandben said...

Dad, Ben went to Gordons school just around the corner from Nan - I've definitely had a conversation about this with both you and her...you must be getting old :) R x

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Rob! Not REAL Woking then!!! Ha Ha. I do remember, but you've got so many men in your life, I get them confused. Whoops;)!!!!!

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny you should say this bro... but I too have never had an umbrella... maybe it was the way we were brought up...

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg