h Robyn and Ben in Hong Kong: Extreme weather(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Robyn
And Ben
In Hong Kong

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Extreme weather

Hong Hong is HOT, I don't mean 'this is nice weather for the beach hot', it is more like 'I never want to leave the air conditioned flat' hot. Just walking into the (non air conditioned) kitchen left me me sweating this morning. Nice.

But then this happened (click here)

And when the storm passed there was thankfully a drop in the humidity, and it was safe to leave the flat. I decided to take advantage of the slight cool down to walk to the Star Ferry and take a trip to the mainland to buy a friend a present. On my way back though I took a picture of this.

It is pretty rare with all the smog and big concrete view blocking buildings in Hong Kong to ever actually see a good sunset from Wan Chai. So it was quite nice to be on the ferry to take these pictures.


We were supposed to be going island hopping today with the tickets that Robyn got. The storm unfortunatley changed those plans and thankfully I stayed (for the most part) on dry land. I say thankfully because we went out last night and did not get in till the late hours of this morning. When I woke up the very thought of a long boat ride would have had me running to the bathroom.
Next week is Robyns last few days in school and my last few days worrying about people in schools. It's very strange because everyone knows it's all coming to an end but at the moment I don't think it has quite sunk in. There are lots of people staying in Hong Kong from this years team, which might have something to do with the odd atmosphere. On Wednesday we are having a farewell prize giving ceremony and on Thursday the company has rented a junk boat for us all to have a final farewell party, which will no doubt last till Friday morning.
bx

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those pics were brill ben. That camera was definately worth the money.
Check your email for your flight info from dad as we need to know you can download what you need.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ben!
How are you? Your blog is amazing!! I love all your pics! I have a little favour to ask of you, i'm coming to Hong Kong with Iain on Saturday 9th June and i wondered if you'd like to meet for a drink or 2 and maybe give some advise on where the best places r to go!! I'd really love to catch up too, it's been years!! Anyway hopefully see u soon!!!!
Lots of Love,
Emma (as in geraldine, chris and emma because u probably know tons of emmas!) xx

7:11 PM  
Blogger robynandben said...

!!emma!! I'm leaving HK on the evening of the 8th!!! Nooo! I will make you a plan of all the things to do though! send me an email weetman2001@yahoo.co.uk

Ben xxxx

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg