h Robyn and Ben in Hong Kong: The final countdown(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Robyn
And Ben
In Hong Kong

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg

Friday, May 11, 2007

The final countdown

It is exactly 1 month before I leave the little Island of Hong Kong and venture to America for a couple of weeks and then England for a week after that. Before that time I need to get a new passport, sort out a new flat and organize various other documents to make sure I can legally stay in Hong Kong. For me finding a flat is the most pressing issue, I have decided to go for a small (like I have a choice) studio flat somewhere on Hong Kong Island near the office. I have grown really attached to Wan Chai so am also looking for a place around that area as an option too.

It is less than a month now before the joint adventures of Robyn and Ben will also come to an end. She is leaving me here and heading back home to probably become the future editor of 'Heat Magazine' or something equally brilliant. I meanwhile have a contract which sees me sticking around here till September 2008! That is quite scary...

This means that it will also be the end of this little blog. It will remain online as a diary of what we got up to in Honkers, but at the end of the month will stop being updated. I'm pretty sure that there will be another blog on the way, especially as we currently have an average of 30 different people logging on every day to see what boring things we get up to!

Plus even though Rob is off to pastures new, she will be back here in Hong Kong sleeping on my floor at regular occasions! (I even will have a spare little fold up bed by then!) It's strange though because at the moment it does not feel like anything is going to change at all. I think I will come back from holiday and just be bewildered at where all my friends have gone! :(

bx

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT? NO BLOG? It's the end of civilization as we know it! What will we do all day? God, I'll have to start talking to Sam....or even Jackson....or even listening to Sam....or saints preserve me listening to Jackson!!! Miss you already. Thre'll still be our blog though! Ha ha ha
Love
Dad/Dave xx

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

september 2008!!!!!! you never told dad and I that..... x

11:04 PM  
Blogger robynandben said...

ooops, yes, by the way, I'm staying till september 2008! Sorry la!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It'll be really weird not hearing from you guys all the time or seeing your piccies.

10:09 PM  
Blogger robynandben said...

but I'll be back in the UK so you'll be seeing and hearing me in person...or is that the problem?? ;) Rx

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We get more news from HK in a week than we got in 3 years in Bristol! xx

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny you should say that......

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg