h Robyn and Ben in Hong Kong: Movie Stars(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Robyn
And Ben
In Hong Kong

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg

Monday, September 18, 2006

Movie Stars

Well we just got back on the old rickety tram from going to see a movie in Causeway Bay. We were having a normal movie experience untill it ended. One of the girls we were with needed to use the bathroom and so instead of exiting from the back of the cinema (like everyone else) we exited from the front. Suddenly it became clear why cinema goers were being herded out of the back door when we found oursleves smack bang in the middle of a movie premier.



Now after working in a phone shop for some time. I often persuaded people who were othewise uninterested in buying a phone with a camera to change their minds. I did this by uttering the words "you never know where you will be when you wished you had a camera". This was one of those moments, there we were trapped outside the press area watching Hong Kong celebs pose and twirl not really knowing what to do... so out came the phone! I clicked away fitting right in, god knows what the movie was, I will reasearch and get back to you.
bx

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With Rob's drama skills you might have got away with pretending to be part of the red carpet troup and had a free supper! Something to think about for next time, just remember to go the cinema in ball gowns!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Ah lucky guys! I stumbled across the Ring 2 premier in Sydney and saw Naomi Watts.. but didnt have a camera phone.. i'm sorry Ben :)

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was your age we were going IN the wrong door - to avoid paying. I once saw a red carpet in the West End - Debenhams I think it was!

Take care
Love Dad/Dave

4:34 AM  
Blogger robynandben said...

Clearly we need to try harder next time the opportunity for pretending to be a celeb arises. It would have helped if we knew who on earth the celebs were. What we could do though is act very cool and pretend we were not at all starstruck. Hong Kong is so tiny that celbrities normally double up as singers/actors/designers/you name it. Also they are seen all over the place, apparently a club I was in the othr week had a famous female celebrity in it because the information was in the Hong Kong equilvalent of Heat magazine. Yet again no idea who she was.
bx

6:53 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

That like Casulty being filmed in Bristol. I'm sure i must have seen a few stars from the show out and about but wouldnt have a clue if I did as I dont watch it..

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was once having noodles in Leeds on a large shared table when 'Kryton' sat opposite me. I spent half an hour wondering if I recognised him from school.........My pal finally kicked me under the table and mouthed 'Red Dwarf?' The only other people you see out and about there are Emerdale kiddies. And the occasional Leeds player.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam's fibbing she's been "out" with a Kaiser Chief who complimented her friend on her er figure! And that's just the one she's told me about! I once saw Leonard Rossiter (Rigsby, Reggie Perrin)in Barnstaple High Street when he was filming Water at Hartland. Oh and Sally Gunnell pushing a push-chair through Croyde.

9:35 PM  
Blogger robynandben said...

I saw bob geldoff at a ppetrol station once. !

b

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too cos I was with you.....
mum x

1:51 PM  
Blogger robynandben said...

damit, always stealing my thunder......... :) x

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geldof? Pah! The Boomtown Rats played twice in Barnstaple in '77.
Bob said "'scuse me" as he passed me at the bar....did I mention I once had a chat with Paul Weller in a pub in Woking? Ah The good ol' days!

Love
Dad/Dave

5:27 AM  
Blogger robynandben said...

I think it says a lot about modern society when the post that gets the most comments on the entire blog is about some random 'celebrity'...on an unconnected note i've found somewhere in Hong Kong I can buy 'Heat' magazine woo! ;) R x

9:12 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

well thank heavens for that. Im sure you would have had me send them out to you.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg