h Robyn and Ben in Hong Kong: Sorry-la...(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Robyn
And Ben
In Hong Kong

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Sorry-la...

OK, OK you can stop the death threats, I'll blog something for goodness sake (some of you seriously need to enter some kind of rehabilitation programme...) Actually I know I've been very slack with this since Ben abandoned me so here's some photo's to satisfy your cravings...
A few weekends ago I went with Hannah and Nikki to the 10,000 Buddha monestry (or 'The land of a thousand Buddhas', as I prefer to call it). Let me set the scene...
It's a lovely day, no one around, we're feeling slighly un-lovely having sampled the considerable delights of Wan Chai the night before, there's a long path with lots of gold Buddhas running along either side, some of which were quite amusing...

But I digress, out of the silence we see this...
Nikki is understandably alarmed saying something along the lines of "Oh goodness me! What do you think that could be?" but more Skegness-esque. I, being slightly visually impaired, reply "It's just a cat". No, no it's not it's a monkey!!! Now this might not seem that disturbing but bear in mind we have NEVER seen monkeys in Hong Kong and had NO idea that there were any monkeys, oh, and also that this monkey was suddenly followed by about 60 of his friends all galloping towards us, appearing out of the silence like something out of '28 Days Later'. However, mind over matter we continued on our trek into the unknown and eventually were rewarded with what was indeed 10,000 Buddhas

Those of you that are visiting, I did toy with the idea of not telling you about the monkeys so you could have the same 'experience', but it was actually quite amazing once we got there and well worth a visit.
Another time, Nikki, Hannah and I ACCIDENTLY walked up the Peak (yep, that's the Peak, as in the highest point in Hong Kong and up as in UP...)
I'll leave you pondering how that would ever be possible with a few pictures...

About half way up...
No, now you come to mention it, the thrill of reaching the top really was NOT worth the effort of walking up it...
There are other exciting materials to post, including a video of me being jumped over by a bloke in in-line skates but frankly I feel I need to save something in case your cravings get really bad and I have nothing with which to satisfy your urges...
R x







3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, finally can read the various travel blogs of you scattered randoms abotu the world, but i am bound to forget to check them! can i get them to email me when you write something??

Hope your well rob! A cat? sounds a bit like the time you saw a racoon!

2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That reminds me - you got a letter from specsavers the other day!!! How exactly can you "accidently" walk to the highest point on the Island? Glad you're ok - Hi Nerys and any other ex-Parkas! Someone tapped me on the shoulder and said "Hello" in the staffroom last week. It was one of Jackson's friends! Didn't expect that, but I am aware that the pgce students are you're ageish. Which accounts for Jenny Ellis also saying "Hello" when she was on a visit!
Me getting old??? Never I've got a Sex pistols album....on cd!
Love
Dave/Dad

2:42 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Rah

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg