h Robyn and Ben in Hong Kong: Tourist no more(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Robyn
And Ben
In Hong Kong

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg

Friday, January 19, 2007

Tourist no more


Hey, it's Friday night without much to report. Just got back from a day at a school event which has been rather exhausting. Anyway, yesterday I went on an adventure to try and find my parents somewhere to stay when they come to visit me next week. This invloved trekking across to various different hotels around Hong Kong (7 in total). After a journey from Wanchai to MongKok (and everything in between) I gave up, came home, went online and promptly found a place for them both at the Ramada Hotel . 35 quid a night. Just up the road. Bargain.

Whilst on my little pointless trek i was suddenly hit with the realization that I have lost every ounce of tourist in me. This happened when I crossed from Hong Kong island to the mainland on the Star Ferry, and did not look at the view or skyline once. Instead I just read my book quite contently crammed between a woman with a screaming child and a man who clearly worked in an occupation involving fish.

Once, I arrived in Kowloon i realized this fact and promptly took a photo with my shiny new camera. So here it is.


Anyway, not sure what the plan is tonight but i'm sure it will involve food or drink or both.

Bx

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for you efforts in finding us hotel accomodation,and please ensure that you have a fresh outlook on the tourism bit so that you can show Mum all the sites of Hong Kong that I have forgotten, or were not there when I last came to HKG.It would be good to see if the Freedom shoe company is still by the mission to seaman, and if they have my shoe size. off to bed now luv DOD x x

6:54 AM  
Blogger robynandben said...

yes dad, i found the mission to seaman and have yet to explore the place though. As for the shoe place, I have had a look for it but have not spotted anywhere yet.

Ben x

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg