h Robyn and Ben in Hong Kong: Back to the madness...(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Robyn
And Ben
In Hong Kong

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Back to the madness...

Well this is my last full day in England and I am now preparing to fly back to Hong Kong. These last 4 weeks in England have been really strange for me because it feels like I have been here for ages. I think it is partly due to me doing so much stuff in such a short space of time, but I do feel like I have been away a great deal longer than the month that I have. What it has done though is made me realize that I am not quite ready to come back to England yet. I think the UK will always be my home but compare these two typical days.

England: Work 9 to 5. Come home, make a dinner, watch Eastenders, maybe go out for a drink, go to bed

Hong Kong: Work 9 to 5. Come home, have an amazing Chinese acupressure massage, eat a delicious dinner at a local restaurant, jump on the Star Ferry, watch the skyscraper light show, travel back on the ferry. Take a 100 year old tram route home.

The insane thing is that the Hong Kong option would be cheaper as well. I think that the quality of life and fun that Hong Kong offers is something that I may have got used to in the last 6 months, and taken it all for granted as a result. Coming back to England has made me appreciate it more, and made me realise im not quite ready to come back. My other minor issue is that if I do return to the UK, chances are i'm going to get some type of initial dead end job (Little Chef springs to mind!!). What I want to do is try and organize applying for something in the UK whilst I am in Hong Kong, at least then I can walk into a new job rather than accept the first thing I find. I'm also contemplating becoming a teacher (yikes!), but it is not something I have fully decided on yet.

So in a nut shell I think i'm going to extend my contract and stay in Hong Kong for a tad longer. So if friends or family read this (i know you do but don't leave comments, grrr) then you have another extension to come and visit me! So make sure you do!

Bx

PS, here is a pic of our flats from the ouside. Just in case you ever wanted to know what they look like. (we live on the second floor)

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

I just had a flashback to Christmas time, sitting in your little roof garden thing taking loads of random pictures of that building lol.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You stay there as long as you like,so that you can investigate all the new places we can visit on the next holiday. Also you will be helping global warming by not being able to have so many hot deep baths at home,plus cutting down on the trips to Tescos keeping the refrigerator stocked, but we do miss you,,honest x x

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg