h Robyn and Ben in Hong Kong: Robyn, Matt and Andy(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Robyn
And Ben
In Hong Kong

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg

Monday, January 15, 2007

Robyn, Matt and Andy


This is Robyn, Matt and Andy my three pieces of bamboo. I purchased them from Ikea when they were just small vulnerable saplings 4 months ago.

It is somewhat of a tradition that I give the plants in my care human names, this makes me feel bad if I don't look after them and generally seems to improve their lifespan. My mother will attest however that despite good intentions my green fingers never last long. At the end of every holiday at university our house was like a plant hospital, then I would take them back with me and have another go.

I am proud to announce though that at present I have lasted a full 4 months and Robyn, Matt and Andy are still green and going strong. Andy was a bit touch and go for a while but pulled through. Matt is the tallest of the group though, this is because it seems to drink more than the other two... A case of plants immitating life then I guess :)


Sorry for this rambling, I have taken a sleeping pill and it is clearly having an effect.

bx

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually your bowl of cacti are doing very well now ben as I am looking after them..... even you will find it hard to kill the bamboo things you have there, as long as you keep them in water. got email re dates in Universities, thanks. will get to work on your bed and breakfast places x

11:30 PM  
Blogger robynandben said...

ok mum, i'm on the case with where you are staying as well.

Ben x

6:48 AM  
Blogger MattMoo said...

Wow! I have been immortalised as a piece of Bamboo! I am so flattered, and chuffed that Bamboo-Matt is the tallest and a bit of a boozehound (I'm sure it would choose vodka over water if it had the choice!) Woo for Bamboo-Matt! xxx

3:41 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

I'm a fighter. Grr

5:38 AM  
Blogger robynandben said...

Is it just me or does "Andy" look a bit deformed...? R x

7:41 AM  
Blogger robynandben said...

Andy is deformed, it's unfortunate but at some stage he started to grow in a funny direction. We are thinking of sending the little bamboo shoot to New Zealand where it can grow, pretend to be a surfer and be all cool and stuff. :)

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg