h Robyn and Ben in Hong Kong: Ken and his wife(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Robyn
And Ben
In Hong Kong

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Ken and his wife

Well I have arrived back bang on time in Hong Kong. The trip itself was not too bad at all, I had three chairs to myself so I could stretch out a bit and relax like a big sun basking cat. I also decided to use my trusted Allergy brand tablets 'Actifed', to ensure that I slept for 8 hours of the flight. Another great thing about the flight was the food, I had chicken stew which was surprisingly really tasty! I could have eaten another one but already felt like a bit of a pig as I was previously munching on a great deal of duty-free chocolate. (which was commented on by the stewardess)

Sitting three chairs away from me in the center section of the plane was an elderly man called Ken. We never talked but I know he is called Ken because his awful wife did not stop calling his name for the entire flight. She had the most screechy voice I have ever encountered, I had my earphones in listening to a movie and somehow the pitch of her irritating voice still managed to get through to me. It was just continuous, almost like the sound I would expect a castrated hampster to make.

"Ken have you got the passports?"
"Yes dear"
Ken can you check the bag for them again?"
"Yes dear"
"Ken can you check you have the hotel details?" etc etc etc.

It started of as harmless, but she just did not stop. Ken checked for the tickets at least 5 times and was really getting just as fed up as everyone else on the plane. After the first hour she put her headphones on, this did not keep her quiet though. She then started commenting on how much Ken was drinking (he had a small bottle of wine). And because she was listening to music, it made her shout this final comment across the plane. Thankfully by this time Ken seemed to have enough dutch courage to tell his wife to shut up, and he did just that. The rest of the journey was spent without the voice of hampster woman, and Ken got quite drunk.

Anyway, I am in the flat now and no one is about. Everyone had best get back soon though or there may be no English Cadburys chocolate left!

bx

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a fan of cadbury's myself. As a seasoned, or probably coated, and unrepentant chocoholic I can recommend Lidls - ask Robyn and place your order for April!
Yum Yum Dave/Dad xx

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad your trip back went well Ben. Dad and I had a takeaway and fairly boozy evening at the godparents..... back now and have just looked into your bedroom and wished I hadnt!!!!miss you xx

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob, it might not be too late to text your mum and get her to stop off at Sainsbury's on her way to the airport!

If you have any orders for Brit stuff let us know in advance and we'll fill a case for you. Peanut butter anyone??????

12:33 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Little tip, wait till Heathrow duty free to buy them choc. You can get these massive slabs really cheap.

Watch it though, turn you back for 5 minutes and it's gone.. :)

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy - Size isn't everything! And never turn your back on chocolate. I'll get some Lidl specials anyway as we're flying from Gatwick and don't want to leave it to chance!
love
Dave/Dad xx

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

p1.jpg p1.jpg p1.jpg